American Maritime Officer: May 2022
Stena Polaris joins U.S.-flag fleet under MSC charter
Members of American Maritime Officers working aboard the Stena Polaris as it prepared for service in the U.S.-flag fleet included Chief Engineer Morgan McCorrison, Third Assistant Engineer Austin Fryar, Second Mate Dylan Marohn, Third Mate Adam Durrua, Chief Mate Jeff Turner and Master Carl Schoenbucher.
The following is excerpted from an article released by Crowley. American Maritime Officers represents all licensed officers working aboard the Stena Polaris.
Crowley has been awarded the Military Sealift Command charter contract to operate the Stena Polaris, an ice class tanker serving bulk fuel needs of the U.S. Department of Defense.
Crowley's government ship management group completed the conversion of the ship to meet government and military service standards, including registration as a U.S.-flag vessel. The tanker will transport necessary fuel for defense operations in the Arctic and Antarctic regions. When not operating in those regions, the vessel will transport fuel for defense services in the Mediterranean Sea. Read more ...
- Customized member-paid insurance coverage options available at group rate through package developed specifically for AMO members and applicants
- The Drive - The Warzone: "Navy wants to cut two nearly new sea base ships that are like nothing else"
- MTD warns Senate resolutions threaten cargo preference laws
- STAR Center TECH Program achieves milestones as Blake and Moore earn U.S. Coast Guard Third Assistant Engineer/OICEW endorsements
- TOTE Services managing construction of fifth new National Security Multi-Mission Vessel to serve as maritime academy training platform